Every blogger wants more traffic. However, few bloggers get the results they want. Many of these bloggers work so hard to produce valuable content only to attract very few visitors.
Creating valuable content is no longer a big problem like it was when blogging was new. More bloggers than we’d ever know create valuable content.
The big problem is that as more valuable blog posts populate the web, more of them are becoming some of the greatest secrets on the web. These blog posts do a great job at entertaining and/or educating, but no one sees them.
A lack of visibility doesn’t reflect the quality of the blog post. It reflects poor marketing.
Despite blogging being seen as a long game, especially with SEO as the epitome of long-term growth, you can double your blog traffic in one month. Whether you’re just starting out with a few hundred visitors every month or thousands of visitors every month, you can double your blog traffic.
1. Do You Believe In Yourself?
We’ll get into the nitty gritty soon, but think about this question. Do you really believe you can do this? The upcoming strategies work, but you need to believe in yourself before you achieve big results.
Even if you haven’t seen much success lately, you can do this. Repeat that in your mind as you read and implement these strategies.
2. Ask People To Share Your Content
While you can double your blog traffic in 1 month, it’s more difficult if you fly solo. To boost your chances of generating more blog traffic, you’ll need to ask people to share your content.
By initiating these conversations, you’ll build relationships with people in your niche. Some of these people will not share your content. Others will share one of your blog posts. A small group of these same people will continue to share your content over and over again.
You’ll achieve exponential success with this tactic based on the number of micro influencers you contact. You’ll have more potential if you contact 100 micro influencers every week than if you only contact 10 micro influencers every week.
3. Where Do I Find People To Contact?
There are so many places where you can contact people. However, the top two places to go are LinkedIn and Twitter. On LinkedIn, you can make your request in the message you send people as you request to connect with them. On Twitter, you can mention the person you want to contact and ask them to share your content.
I aim for people who have 500+ LinkedIn connections or at least 1,000 Twitter followers depending on the social network I’m using.
4. What Do I Say?
To get more people to share your content, don’t come right out of the gate asking for a share. Instead, you need to take a permission marketing approach. Instead of saying, “Can you please share this article?” say something like, “I wrote this article on X, and I thought it might be useful for you and your audience. Do you want me to send it over?”
It’s up to the other person to initiate the conversation. This approach creates a friendly dialogue and gives the micro influencer full control over the decision without any pressure or sense of pushy marketing.
As these people share your content, some of their followers will follow suite. Some of these people will repeatedly share your content with their audiences. This is something that will grow over time, but if you contact even 30 people every week, you’ll see significant process towards doubling your blog traffic.
5. Using Your Own Platform To Fuel Growth
While SEO is more of a long-term game with very promising upside, getting micro influencers to spread the word is the best way to generate short-term results. These short-term results can continue over the long-term and even aid your SEO efforts.
But there’s more to double your blog traffic in 1 month. You also have to promote your own content. That means getting more active on social networks. If you want to double your social media traffic, you can do it in a few ways:
- Double Your Social Media Audience Size — Focus on growing a targeted audience. Go where your ideal follower goes. You can double your number by buying fake followers, but that won’t do you any good. Even if you double your audience with real but non-targeted followers, that won’t help since they won’t care enough about your niche.
- Double Your Social Media Posting Frequency — This is easier for most people, especially as your audience grows. While you don’t want to post too often, you can experiment to determine what works. I tweet over 100 times per day but would never think of publishing 100 Instagram pictures every day. Each social network is different, but work on boosting your frequency.
- Double Down On What Works — Not all social media posts are created equal. Most social networks come with built-in analytics which allow you to see your top and worst performing posts. Eliminate the worst and promote the best more often.
And don’t forget to connect all of your efforts to grow your email list. You’ll get more engagement on your email list than anywhere else.
What were your thoughts on these tactics to double your blog traffic in one month? Do you have any tactics you want to share with us? Sound off in the comments below.
Feature Image Credit: http://www.bvstor.com
In Post Image Credit: Shutterstock.com, Webhosting.uk.com, & Memeni.com