Are you aware you can use the power of Instagram to market your products and services? Instagram marketing is easy, free, and quick. Instagram marketing is also a common form of advertising.
This is not surprising when you consider recent statistics that show 700 million people actively use Instagram. That number continues to climb.
Don’t believe me? I typed #offers in the Instagram search bar, and 451,390 offers came up. Don’t worry, by the end of this post; we will have you beating the competition for consumer attention.
This post will teach you
- How to get Instagram followers.
- How to use photos with hashtags so interested consumers can find you.
- How to follow a strategy in order to minimize your competition.
- How to create a sense of urgency with your videos so you can use Instagram for marketing.
- How to monetize using Instagram.
How to Find People Interested in Your Content?
Your success on Instagram lies in the power of hashtags. Type relevant hashtags into the search bar. The top posts labeled with that hashtag will come up.
Keep liking those posts. As with any social media site, commenting will help you generate interest along with clicking the like button.
How to Get Interested Consumers to Find You?
Think of how quick and easy this is. On other sites, you need to follow people to generate their interest and hope they will follow you back.
Not on Instagram. Simply put as many relevant hashtags as you can think of into your caption, and you’ll generate interest. How many is too many? Instagram allows 33 hashtags in each caption.
How many Instagram followers does it take to monetize? I have readers that monetize using Instagram. One has over 1,000 Instagram followers; the other has over 34,000.
Consider using a strategy in order to generate more competition than other marketers posting photos and videos about the same content
- Type your offers into the Instagram search bar. To figure out the number of photos posted on a specific hashtag, simply type the word you’d like to use as a hashtag into the search bar on Instagram. Then check the number under the hashtag. This number tells you how many photos using this hashtag are currently on Instagram. The fewer the number, the less competition you have.
- Use tools which show you your Instagram analytics. For example, SocialBakers is a free tool which will show you your most liked and commented on posts. Knowing this information will enable you to replicate this content to achieve the same kind of interest from your audience in the future.
- Use other sites like Top Hashtags to find out where your consumers’ interests lie.
- If ever you don’t understand the meaning of a hashtag, no problem! Other sites like TagDef exist which can define hashtags for you.
- Many sites use Instagram to establish their brand. Instagram is ideal for this due to the visual nature of the site. Instagram is known for their engaging filters. If you use the same two filters for all your posts, your brand will be recognizable on Instagram.
- How to Make Sure Consumers Can Contact You: Put your website link or your contact link in your profile. In your captions, include a Call to Action telling users to go to your profile where they can find a link to your site.
How to use videos for instagram marketing?
The way to effectively market is to create a sense of urgency in the consumer. Since the offer won’t last long, the consumer better act fast.
Instagram is perfect for this type of marketing
The site has a feature called “Stories.” Stories only sit at the top of Instagram for 24 hours. Everyone who follows you will only see your content for 24 hours.
They will rush to click knowing it’s time-sensitive. These stories are prominently displayed at the top of all your followers’ Instagram feeds and will stay there until the 24 hours elapse.
Although your “story” goes away in 24 hours, you will be able to see in real time how many people are watching your video.
How to Use Instagram for Monetization?
Make a business account on Instagram. Setting up a business profile is free. Make sure your link is in your profile.
Setting up this account will allow you several perks others don’t have. For example, you will be able to see detailed analytics about the success of your marketing campaigns.
Also, you’ll be able to create an ad. Make ads displaying your products or ads of consumers using your products happily.
Engage your followers by having them also post pictures of your products or videos of them using your products.
Make sure the photos you post are so visually appealing, they grab users’ attention.
Another way is by sharing special promotions or coupons to get your followers involved in a contest and turn those leads into sales.
- Boost your follower count.
- Use photos with hashtags in the caption, so interested consumers can find you.
- Follow a strategy in order to minimize competition.
- Create a sense of urgency with your videos by using “Stories” and having your offer disappear in 24 hours.
- Follow other methods of Instagram monetization.
In closing, Instagram offers marketers a great deal of potential. Considering the site is gaining in popularity, that potential is on the rise.
When surveyed, 60% of consumers reported finding new products on Instagram. One-third of the stories viewed are from businesses. According to statistics, over 1 million companies advertise on this popular site. Now that you know these 5 tips, so can you.
To be a successful marketer, you need to go where your audience goes. Since 700 million people are going to Instagram, you should go there too. What are you waiting for?
Featured Image: Shutterstock.com
In-Post Images: Shutterstock.com, theverge.com/, giphy.com/, annexcloud.com/