Influencer marketing is a technique that businesses all around the world have been utilizing for many years. It is the art of utilizing someone who has a lot of authority as a person or in a particular industry to boost the authority of your own brand, and to boost your sales. If the technique is done right, your business can be taken to new heights with influencer marketing, but, do it wrong and you will be losing a lot of money.
Influencer marketing can involve a celebrity, a blogger or even someone in a community that has gained the trust and respect of everyone that is involved in the community. While the general idea of influencer marketing involves utilizing a person, many companies have also had a lot of success by utilizing another brand that can help them thrive in their own industry.
Influencer Marketing In the Real World
Any kind of business can utilize influencer marketing to grow and gain more authority in their industry; thus leading to an increase in customer engagement, customer interest and sales, which is usually the main goal of such a campaign. Before we look at how influencer marketing can help your business thrive, let’s take a look at some real world scenarios where this type of marketing strategy has helped businesses become more popular.
Styld.by is a collection of denim-based apparel that is now worn by millions of people around the globe. How did they become so famous? Influencer marketing, of course. This is actually a really great example of influencer marketing as the company did not only get one or two influencers involved but thousands. They feature a series of snapshots on their website where they showcase their influencers wearing their clothes. They have gained the influence of singer Xriss Jor, art director Mirjam Flatau, as well as many famous bloggers, photographers, and models.
Other examples of brands that used this marketing technique to increase awareness of their own brand:
- At the Warner Sound Festival, Nikon teamed up with Warner Music Group to showcase their camera offerings during the festival. Thanks to the team up and influence by Warner Music Group, the company’s hashtag trended for the entire weekend on Twitter.
- Sephora, trusted brand in the health and beauty industry, was able to increase their brand awareness by starting a new platform that provides any person the ability to offer unbiased reviews. After starting the platform, they sent sample products to famous beauty bloggers and asked them to do an honest review on their platform about the samples they received.
The True Power Of Influencer Marketing
The examples above can offer you a clear overview of just how powerful influencer marketing can be for your business. While these examples all focuses on brands that are already popular, the marketing strategy can be utilized by any type of business – big or small – to increase brand awareness and to increase sales. Even some smaller companies have utilized the marketing strategy as part of their marketing plan in order to get more people to trust in their brand and buy their product or services. This means that no matter what type of business you are running, adding influencer marketing into the mix can definitely hold many benefits for your company.
One of the best things about this type of marketing is the fact that influencer marketing works for any type of business in any industry. If you take a quick look online, you’ll notice that there are blogs that specializes in just about every industry and niche you can think of – many of these blogs are very popular and has thousands of people following them daily for updates. To give you proof of what we mean, let’s look at some popular blogs in different niches:
- Freshome – Interior Decorating & Architecture blog. This blog has more than 1.9 million followers on Facebook and over 200,000 followers on Twitter.
- Nerd Fitness – Physical Fitness blog. This blog has over 90,000 likes on its Facebook page, 13,400 followers on Instagram and more than 28,000 subscribers on YouTube.
- WP Beginner – WordPress tutorials and training. This blog has a combined total of 600,000+ subscribers on their various social media channels.
- Smitten Kitchen – Cooking blog. This blog has more than 500,000 likes on Facebook, over 100,000 followers on Pinterest and thousands more followers on other social networks.
While these are only four examples of popular blogs, they should give you a clear idea of the fact that there are famous blogs in every industry you can think of. This means that, no matter what type of business or website you have, there are an endless number of opportunities available to you if you open up to influencer marketing. Even one single post or mention by a famous blog in your niche could mean that millions of people will notice your blog and will potentially visit your website to learn more about your brand.
Influencer marketing is seen in our everyday lives. Celebrities promoting branded products, brands collaborating to increase each other’s exposure and fashion bloggers snapping themselves in the latest designer wear. No matter what type of niche your brand is in, by utilizing influencer marketing, you can boost your exposure and sales significantly. Influencer marketing, however, can be a difficult task if you’re not sure how to do it the right way. In such a case, contacting a digital agency that specializes in this kind of marketing strategies can help you succeed without having to learn anything yourself.